6.18.2011

water+sun+dirt=food

It's a garden update!




















Tomatoes are flowering and looking strong, no fruit set yet though. Haven't had any problem with insects on the tomatoes yet, so I think their slow progress is due to limited sunlight.




















The beans are really starting to take off despite numerous transplants and rough handling. Even the two that I moved to the shallow flowerbed next to the porch are working their way up the railings! It's pretty fun to see their progress day-to-day and guide the inquisitive tendrils. I don't really know what these are supposed to look like full-grown, so hopefully they're on track.

Potatoes are going crazy in their buckets! I was worried I hadn't given them enough soil, but they don't seem to mind at all and can't even hold themselves up anymore. No big bug problems on the taters either, must be a combination of the containers and luck.


Greens and broccoli are pretty unremarkable at this point.


































Well there she is, in all her minuscule glory.

2 comments:

  1. Are you using any natural pesticides/herbicides? Do such things exist (I assume they do)? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they exist, I just haven't bothered to research any of them since the bugs are under control already.

    ReplyDelete