7.23.2011

Good news for my lungs. And photos.

Guess who doesn't have tuberculosis? This guy.

Had to get tested for working at Beardsley Community Farm and handling "produce intended for human consumption". Ironic since they used to call TB "consumption" back in the day. At any rate, the TB skin test is one of the grosser things I've experienced lately. They take a tiny syringe and inject it just beneath the surface of the skin on your forearm, and inflate a penny-sized bubble under your skin. Gross.














In other news, I went by Thompson Photo here in Knoxville when I got back from the roadtrip and picked up my processed 120 film. I was really excited to see how it turned out since I'd never used this camera before and never used color medium format film.














They're all square-format, 6x6cm negatives, and I had them scan them onto a CD for me, so I won't be sure of the quality of the negatives until I get something printed. I was pretty pleased with them overall, even though there were light-leaks on a few frames and the color seems a bit off.














I may try to get the next roll cross-processed, meaning have it processed in the chemicals intended for a different type of film. From what I've seen, cross-processed color negative film (what I have currently) comes out with lots of red/orange shading to it and can be a pretty cool effect.














I'll probably try some dual-exposure stuff too, now that I'm more comfortable with the camera and film, so look out for that in the future. I have one roll of film from the roadtrip that I'll probably just have processed normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment