6.11.2011

The Day of Many Minor Accomplishments

Saturday, June 11th shall henceforth be referred to as 'The Day of Many Minor Accomplishments'. Let us list them:

1. Interwebs at the ole homestead!
Yeah, I know I posted this picture twice in a row, but last time I was posting it from the crumby old office internet, and this time it's zooming down the pipes of a 16mbps connection, allowing for my first ever...(get excited)...weekend post! I know, right? So if you're ever roaming 4th & Gill foraging for a wireless signal, stop on by the Noise Temple (you can't get on our's though, our password it 63 characters long, 14 of which are Klingon. We do have a nice porch you can sit on though).

2. What follows after fresh internet better than a free washing machine?
Probably a handful of things, but stop interrupting. After severing 3 fingers and herniating twice as many disks, we managed to provide a new home for Clarice the Washing Machine in the couch kitchen. Not really a full accomplishment since we don't have half the hardware needed to make her useful. Step 2 of this accomplishment is to fabricate a clothesline out back, since Clarice was separated at birth from Maximilian the Dryer. Any blueprints for successful clotheslines that don't require huge expenditures would be greatly appreciated.

3. Well this one is kinda a half-accomplishment as well. The headboard bench is well on it's way to being sit-downable (probably a word). Basically I just have to attach the front legs to the back, attach the seat slats to the frame, and attach paint to all of it. Ok, so maybe I'm only like half-way done. I'm beginning to worry that the finished product is going to weigh as much as 4 Fellini Kroger patrons, but I guess that'll prevent somebody from walking away with it (since it's gonna be hella-awesome). Thank you Knox for loaning me your drill (it's a very sexy drill, see for yourself, it's like the female beach volleyball player of drills).

4. Probably the most important accomplishment of the Day of Many Minor Accomplishments was actually a little bittersweet. We broke down and fired up the AC in the Noise Temple as an "experiment" claimed Caleb, "just to see how it feels"...yeah, after about 5 mins I was pretty confident that it would be on till September. The non-blistering temperatures definitely feel good, but I still feel kinda defeated. Hopefully next month's electric bill won't stoke my regret too much. [side note: Sketchiest-looking AC ever? I think so.)

So I guess not all that much was actually accomplished, but it beat sitting around on facebook all day (which is what I'll be doing now that we have internet at home).

The Day of Many Small Accomplishments
is brought to you, in part, by the Hammer of Decisiveness
(and the Creepy Doll-Headed Whiskey Bottle)

2 comments:

  1. so many accomplishments! so many photos! so many internets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bench is now done and requires a fanciful paint-job. I'm looking at you.

    ReplyDelete