9.03.2012

Roadtrip: Days 14-15

*For the sake of catching up, I'm gonna abridge the next couple of entries. Sorry. Or, you're welcome. Whatever the case may be.*

8-25-12 HOP, SKIP, AND A JUMP
I spent the morning after my desert adventure exploring Joshua Tree National Park, home of the "Dr. Seuss-looking" trees. The trees were neat enough, but what I really enjoyed were the massive piles of boulders and rock formations.



I didn't have far to go, just a couple more hours over to LA, and I didn't need to be there till evening, so I tried to take my time. Easier said than done. As I approached the massive sprawl of the city, I got sucked onto the freeway and didn't dare slow down. So I got to my destination pretty early, and spent the rest of the day catching up on the blog, photos, route research, etc.


Another high-school friend, Katie, took me to a great little Salvadorian eatery for a late dinner, and they managed to redeem fried plantains for me, a dish I've avoided since having to eat them everyday in Cameroon when I was 5 years old.


8-26-12 WHEN IN VENICE
On Sunday, Katie took me down to Venice Beach to sample a little LA culture. It was a soup of humanity. Unfortunately I didn't see Ollie the Magic Bum at the skate park (extra points if you get that reference). We ate awesome Indian food and walked down to the Santa Monica Pier. The water was cold, the weather was great. No pictures, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment